Kays Brainwave

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Nail biting evening

I am big fan of San Antonio Spurs and Detroit Pistons of NBA. Today both the teams were in a critical stage in the playoffs. Both Dallas Mavericks and Cleveland Cavaliers were leading San Antonio Spurs and Detroit Pistons 3-2 respectively in the series. So it became a do or go home for both my teams. And as if this was not enough, Da Vinci Code the movie was released World wide today. I was waiting for this movie ever since I came to know that Tom Hanks is acting in that. So three things that had to do today.
In the evening I called up my friend to ask if ESPN comes in his house as it does not come in my house and both the matches were on that channel. He was not sure, so I called up another friend to check I can watch there but no luck there also. Meanwhile on three sides three different set of people were calling me for Da Vinci Code movie. After a lot of confusions I decided to go to a pub to watch the matches.
Gators, was the pub to see Detroit Pistons Vs Cleveland Cavaliers. I went to the pub during the 2nd half so that I thought I can extend to watch the second match also. I had 10 Buffalo wings to much and watch the match with lots of tension as the Cavaliers were unstoppable. Especially Lebron James, he goes like a lighting dunks and comes back. No one in Pistons could even go near him for defense. Later in the 4th Quarter Rashid Wallace came to form. This was one of the times when you can see him so serious, else he was always a man who fools around sitting in the bench. He made an amazing Hook + Fade away kinda shot which was amazing. Billups started potting some gud three pointers. With some excellent offensive rebounding, Detroit Pistons managed to win the game 84-82. Even the last second was so much action packed that the game might have gone into the extra time.
As soon as this match finishes the second match between San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks start. I go to another pub as I was litterally pushed out from there. I entered Cubby Bear and the match was in the 2nd quarter. Again ordered some Buffalo wings and started watching the match. At half time Dallas was leading by 6 points and Tim Duncan already had 3 personal fouls. Again in this game also the Spurs were not able to take defense of the Dallas offense. 3rd quarter Duncan played some interesting shots and brought the Spurs to a lead which did not last for long. Later the score was going neck to neck until there was 5 mins remaining in the game and Spurs took control of the game and went on till the end to finish it 91-86.
After the two wins I was briming with happiness so went back home to write about this and enjoy the moments.

Varta...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home