Kays Brainwave

Monday, April 24, 2006

Is Chennai really Bad?

During the weekend, I was talking to some of friends and the topic drifted towards Chennai. One of my friend from the northern part of India was complaining about Chennai. The conversation made me think and this post is about that.
I was just wondering why no one likes Chennai except for people who are basically from Chennai. I am proud to say that I am from that city. I Luv Chennai. But I have come across people from all over India but everyone complains about Chennai. First thing they complain is that about the Chennai Auto's and how they cheat people. Next thing is that no one talks in Hindi. These are mainly the cribs by people from other states.

If you consider the people from Tamilnadu who are not a Chennai-ites, They feel the people from Chennai are Show off's and peter's. So they have a kind of aversion towards the people from Chennai. Infact when I was in hostel at Coimbatore, The guys from Chennai were the ones who were raged the most.

All this summed together , I was made to think if Chennai is really a bad place to dwell? If any one has any answer, let me know.

Varta...

9 Comments:

  • At April 28, 2006 10:29 AM, Blogger AWY said…

    Chennai ?
    a bad place to dwell ?
    No way, man!

    However...
    I will post on this..

     
  • At April 28, 2006 11:42 AM, Blogger KK said…

    @Anna - I luv Chennai like no other place in this World. But you see I bump into so many people who dont like Chennai, so I am just trying to analyse why people from other places dont like Chennai.

    Sure Go ahead and post...I eager to see your point of view on this...

     
  • At April 28, 2006 12:01 PM, Blogger AWY said…

    btw... i've changed the template again.. and what do u think of this one?

     
  • At April 28, 2006 12:16 PM, Blogger KK said…

    What is that? a person I guess right? I somewhat liked the earlier template to this one... I you have any idea behind this template let me know...b'cause I m not able to think of one...

     
  • At May 07, 2006 10:43 PM, Blogger Milind said…

    I was forntunate to meet some open-minded people (like you-KK) in Chennai.
    So I did not bother much abt lack of Hindi. I had even started to learn few Tamil words and sentences.

    However one thing that seemed daunting to me was to adjusting to the hot and humid climate. Perhaps I am not that physically fit. :)

     
  • At May 09, 2006 11:49 PM, Blogger KK said…

    @Milind -
    Nice to hear that you enjoyed being in Chennai. Regarding the climate nothing much can be done.

     
  • At August 07, 2006 3:24 AM, Blogger gils said…

    hey man..same here...inga ella makkalum against chn...surprisingly i found a consort in a person frm indore who had a brief stay of two years in kodambakkam...he never complained abt the climate..nor abt the auto...a rare case...but u r rt...chennaiites gets ragged even inside TN...may b others are simply jealous..or v mite have a genuine problem ...either way it doesnt diminish my luv 4 my plc..enga area ulla varaathaa :D

     
  • At November 07, 2006 12:06 PM, Blogger KK said…

    @Gils - Namma area ulla varatha :)

     
  • At October 30, 2008 2:52 PM, Blogger sanjayan said…

    Hey Kay,

    Im a proud chennaite as well. Born and brought up there. I have been living there for 28 yrs. Only since may im in US, but if u see my profile in blog or in orkut i dint change it yet :). I feel chennai is the best place. Its sad that our own people talk bad about it. But im sure everyone has some or the other concern about other cities and places. But i believe that chennai surely got good humans as well :)

    Cheers to Chennai

     

Post a Comment

<< Home