I happened to watch the song Newyork nagaram from the movie Sillendru Oru Kaadhal. I was totally disappointed at the way the video has been taken. The video is like watching some powerpoint presentation. I seriously pity A.R.Rahaman. As some of you know, I had imagined how this song will be picturised. The actual song is no where close to what I had imagined. My imagination goes as follows.
1. Newyork nagaram urangum neram thanimai adarnthathu
2. Paniyum padarnthathe...
3. Kappal irangiye kaatrum karayil nadanthathe
4. Naangu kannadi suvarkalukulle naanum mezhuguvathiyum
5. Thanimai thanimaiyo kodumai kodumaiyo.
line 1 & 2: We show a tall rised building in Newyork in the night with the office place dark with light only in one cubicle. Surya sits in that cubicle leaning back in his chair lost in thoughts about Jyothika.
line 3: A small table fan while oscillating, blows some paper on this desk. Surya just watches the flying papers.
line 4: The Camera goes up and shows that he is confided by four walls of his cubicle.
line 5: He stretches while sitting on his chair.
During the intermediate music we show some pleasant scenes of Surya and Jyothika which had come in the movie already.
6. Newyork nagaram urangum neram thanimai adarnthathu
7. Paniyum padarnthathe...
8. Kappal irangiye kaatrum karayil nadanthathe
9. Naangu kannadi suvarkalukulle naanum mezhuguvathiyum
10. Thanimai thanimaiyo thanimai thanimaiyo kodumai kodumaiyo.
line 6 & 7: He gets up from his seat and walks towards the glass window in front of his cubicle.
line 8: He sees out of the window and on the road paper flies due to gusty winds.
line 9: He just spreads his hand little bit and lies on the window glass facing his cubicle and feels for jyothika.
line 10: he turns towards the road slowly and sticks to the glass meanwhile the camera moves as he turns and camera pictures him from outside the building by the time the line ends
Intermediate music he packs his bag and starts and every now and then he sees Jyothika at the door way, elevator etc. but actually she is not there. Its just his imagination.
11. Pechellam thalatu pola yenna uranga vaika nee illai
12. Dinamum oru mutham thanthu kaalai coffee koduka nee illai
13. vizhiyil vizhum thoosi thannai naaval yeduka nee ingu illai
14. Manathil yezhum kuzhappam thannai theerka nee inge illai
15. Naan inge neeyum angae intha thanimaiyil nimishangal varusham aanatheno
16. Van ingae neelam angae intha uvamaikku iruvarum vilakkam aanatheno
Lines 11 through 16 is like Surya recollecting different incidents in the past.
line 11: Surya will be lying on Jyothika's lap and she will be talking, when she turns she finds that Surya has dozed off, she taps on his head and wakes him up.
line 12: Early morning Jyothika wakes Surya by giving a kiss and gives him a coffee, but he will spit it out, because she would have added salt instead of sugar.
line 13: She will try to remove some dust from his eyes with her tongue but Surya will jump around in pain. This is because she would have eaten something spicy just before that.
line 14: Jyothika with lot of strain will try to help him solve some problem, but Surya will just toss a coin and decide.
line 15: Screen will split into two, one half showing Surya in the terrace of a building in Newyork and the other half showing Jothika in India waking up in the morning.
line 16: Surya will be in his office terrace, camera will be low and shows Surya with the sky background as the line progresses the camera will go up (crane shot) and Surya will be with a water back ground(assuming his building is near the sea).
Intermediate music some pleasant scenes of Surya and Jyothika and he reaches the bus stand.
17. Naatkuripil 100 thadavai unthan peyarai yezhuthum yen pena
18. Yezhuthiyathum erumbu moika peyarum aanathu yenna thena
19. Jil yendru boomi irunthum intha tharunathil kulir kalam kodai aanathu yeno
20. Va anbe neeyum vanthaal senthanel kooda pani katti pola aagume
line 17: He takes his diary and writes her name while waiting for the bus.
line 18: While writing an ant walks across his diary page.
line 19: He gets up from the bus stand and starts walking and he passes through a bon fire.
line 20: Walks on a wet road with snow on the sides of the street.
Ending music he keeps walking. In between he hugs a lap post and later swings on the lamp post before letting go and continues to walk. The camera follows till the songs is sung. Once the end music starts, the camera stops and he keeps moving away from the camera on a straight wet road. The road will be with lots of signals at many intersections blinking.
I am so disappointed that I decided to take revenge. So as a revenge I have sung the song. I think for the kind of video that they have taken it doesnt need A.R.R's voice mine is good enough. Listen to it at your own risk. I will not be held responsible to any after-effects on you for listening to the song.powered by ODEO
Have a nice weekend!!!
All contents above are protected by copyrights ©Kaysonline 2006