Kays Brainwave

Monday, June 05, 2006

Why whine instead of a laugh?

Why are'nt there many comedy serials on TV now a days. Long before when DD metro (DD2) used to be ruling the television world in India, there were some good comedy serials such as Flight 172, Zaban Sambhal Ke , Dekh Bhai Dekh and Tu Tu Mein Mein to name a few. Recently its all these crying, villainous serials that are dominating the air time of all the channels irrespective of the language.
Whereas the American televisions are dominated by the comedy serials like Everybody Loves Raymond, Friends, Seinfeld, That 70's Show etc. These serials have be aired again and again countless time on every channel possible. My personal favourite is Everybody Loves Raymond. I have watched and I am watching the episodes of this serials whenever I get a chance and I dont get bored at all.
Well television is a medium for entertainment and comedy is one of the best source of entertainment. That being said, it makes me wonder why the Indian media does not produce or try to produce some quality comedy series instead of these tear dripping stereo typed mega serials?

Varta...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home